11 January 2012
A life exam
Following on Alain de Botton's essay on Montaigne, I post here a version of de Botton's an examination on wisdom. I'd be interested to see your answers. Remember, I am interested in your ideas, nothing more. You get an 'A' just for taking the test, in my book at least. Begin:
1. What is a good parent?
2. How can one tell if one is in love or infatuated?
3. How much regard should one have for oneself, and why?
4. How much weight should one give to what other people think?
5. How should one deal with death?
6. How should one end a relationship?
7. How can one live happily with other people?
8. What does it mean to be wise?
9. What is the good life?
10. What does it mean to be a friend?
Extra Credit: What is the meaning of your existence?