Search This Blog

01 February 2013

2014 tentative Redonda reading and viewing list

Redonda reading and viewing list for 2014



Xavier I and his court (Primary reading list, 12 books)

The Rings of Saturn by W. G. Sebald
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
Disgrace by J.M. Coatzee
Fado Alexandrino by António Lobo Antunes
Three Trapped Tigers by Guillermo Cabrera Infante
The City of Marvels by Eduardo Mendoza
Danube by Claudio Magris
The Bad Girl by Mario Vargas LLosa
My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk
Your Face Tomorrow (3vol.) by Javier Marías


8 Films


Don’t Tempt Me
Alatriste      by Agustín Díaz Yanes

Tetro
The Godfather
Apocalypse Now      by Francis Ford Coppola

Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down
Volver
The Skin I Live In by      Pedro Almodóvar



4 comments:

  1. Is there a schedule? Or are we to be self-guided? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and four films to be named later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I'm almost tempted to reread Your Face Tomorrow but I don't have my copies anymore. I'll see which one/s I can participate in.

    ReplyDelete